Feb 20 2016
Currently the triple-app EA-MM (MachineMind) looks like this:
- There are currently 2 tables in the database: EA_MM_SYCOLOCODE, and EA_MM_SCRAPER
- scraper.php receives a manual command to create and save a new database entry containing 12 values (including site name, date stamp, misc data, and 8 randomly-generated numeric values).
- sycolocode.php reads data in from EA_MM_SCRAPER and spits it out into the EA_MM_SYCOLOCODE table. There is currently no manipulation of the numeric values. The data is simply duplicated and saved.
- visualiser.php reads in the entire EA_MM_SYCOLOCODE table and then onPageLoad constructs the orbiting circles animation. Currently there is no connection between the numbers displayed in the traceWindow div, and the orbiting circles. I ran into trouble extracting the numbers from the HTML, and then ran out of time to complete this part.
Remaining to be done:
- Complete the Visualiser, which needs to extract the numbers from the traceWindow, and to use them to direct the animating orbits
- Auto fill Scraper table with generated values (then in another edit, get the scraping technology functional)
- A Listener to catch when the Scraper table is updated, which triggers the Sycolocode app to read, filter and write.
- A Listener to catch when the Sycolocode table is updated, which triggers a new importing of data to the Visualiser.
Jan 29 2016
Completed Stage 1 and part of Stage 2:
A PHP script creates 4 pairs of values that represent the 4 Primary Base-Pair values of the Plutchik Emotion Wheel and updates an HTML5 Canvas-based JS animation.
The technology works, although the aesthetics and actual information shown is very elementary. The PHP for this was quite challenging for me, so the Scraper (which deposits its data into a database before it is processed by PHP and passed to the JS) – is going to be a killer!
- Get sycolocode.php to write to dbase, and visualiser.js to read from that dbase.
- Explore some aesthetic tweaks to the visualiser.
- Add numeric output to an overlaid div window.
- Add record functionality and a fast-frame timeline view for various time periods.
Jan 22 2016
Just been working on step 1 in the current task lineup- creating an HTML5 Canvas animation that takes values from a changing array, and displays them in an animation. When it receives its values from an AJAX call to a PHP script, then Stage 1 will be complete. I have the code ready to plug-in so it shouldn´t take long. After this the SycholoCode itself and the Scraper need to be created, much more daunting tasks.
- V3 (JS & PHP): Current Sketcher – in development (Jan 2016).
- V2 (AS3): S.I.T.E Group Show – London (December 2013)
- V1 (AS3): MA Show – London (September 2013)
Currently working with the the Unity Halo project as my primary inspiration.
- HALO Axis Transformation from Peter Crnokrak on Vimeo.
Jan 11 2016
Setting up the project for 2 months of development in the CodeLab: http://kiersmcfarlane.com/codelab/sycolocode/
Oct 03 2015
The PsycholoCode is currently written in AS3, a coding language which I love. Aside from being something that I spent years using at work, it is a platform-independant language that uses OOP and classes, and is very powerful at producing interactive visual material but it is slightly redundant nowadays and because there are new elements that need to be developed I am going to redo the PsycholoCode from scratch through different languages.
PHP: The AI will be a PHP app hosted on a server, and will receive values from other online resources, as well as from environmental monitors. The server-based app can be built with objects and classes.
Arduino & Processing: The Earth Antenna machine is also controlled by the AI, which sends values to the Arduino in order to control the mixture of the substrate. There might also be Processing involved, in order to handle the sensor variables.
The external world as seen by the SycoloCode will be perceived through environmental sensors and open sources of data online – these could include webcams, news feeds, twitter posts, statistics etc.